felting, natural dyeing tutorials, learn to felt step by step beginners experienced feltmakers

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Time for change

When I read the following article, I think we need to really decide on what is the most important thing right now. Do we want to save mother earth and make it a better place to live?

http://oecotextiles.wordpress.com/2012/11/14/textile-industry-and-water-pollution-brought-to-you-by-some-of-your-favorite-retailers/

This motivates me even more to keep looking for more safer alternatives. I have already chosen to use organic wool, natural dyes, fair trade silk and organic cottons, with the use of second hand natural fibres. My next step is to grow my own dye plants, including indigo or woad and I also want to explore more of the natives for their colour potential.


No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs